The Warning Signs of Gum Disease
If you suspect you may have gum disease, please take a moment to read over these early warning signs. If you notice any of the following symptoms, please visit your dentist immediately.
- Gums that bleed when you brush or floss (ie. do the bristles on your toothbrush miraculously turn pink right after you brush)
- Gums that are red, swollen, or tender
- Persistent bad breath
- An itchy sensation around the teeth and gums
- Gums that appear to be pulled away from the teeth
- Teeth (permanent) that are becoming loose or beginning to drift
- Infection or purulence (pus) emitting from between the teeth and gums (especially when they are pressed)
- Changes in your bite (ie. does the way your teeth fit together feel different)
You can learn even more about gum disease by visiting the original article source.